Following on from our last system focus, Seamsil, we would now like to introduce you to Delcote, another protective system in the Sharman’s range.
Delcote is an architectural coating system, used during our cut edge corrosion repair service. This coating is applied as a base and a top coat after the seamsil system has been installed to the cut edge of the metal sheets. Delcote is a form of paint system that seals and protects the metal sheets on the walls and roofs.
Delcote, just like other Sharman’s products, has market leading proven performance which is used and endorsed by leading steel and construction manufacturers.
It is specifically engineered for the roofing environment using inorganic Alkoxy technology to prevent chalking and deterioration, allowing it to be specified in confidence by surveyors and property managers for over 20 years.
Unlike other competitor systems, Delcote is an inorganic (mineral-based) coating, which allows for excellent UV and weather resistance. Organic coatings are known to become hard and brittle when exposed to UV and temperature changes, this will cause issues such as pealing, cracking and exposure.
Delcote however, has exceptional high movement accommodation, flexibility and adhesion, protecting the facade from these issues.
Here are the key performance features of Sharman’s Delcote:
- Exceptional Weathering and UV resistant, leaving a protective finish
- Durability proven worldwide with life expectancy of over 20 years.
- Simplicity in application – roller, brush or airless spray
- Ideal for use in areas with industrial pollution and/or coastal or marine environments
- Naturally corrosion resistant
- Naturally water repellent
- Primerless adhesion
- Chemical resistance
- Long term elasticity, pliability and flexibility
- Thermally stable for -100⁰C to +200⁰C
- Will not chalk and degrade over time
As you know, at Cladding Coatings, we take great pride in all our work, only using the best systems and coating application in our services. This is why Delcote is the ideal choice for us.
Contact us for a free site visit.