Cladding Coatings Ltd, based in Delph, Oldham, provide on-site services nationwide. We provide professional and expert services in the cladding refurbishment and painting industry. We offer a wide range of quality guaranteed services, including on-site spraying, wall cladding coating, floor painting, internal decoration, roof coating, gutter cleaning and coating, cut edge corrosion repair, rooflight refurbishment and shopfront spraying.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our team of building refurbishment specialists.
Overview of the role
As an apprentice, you will learn and work on the following:
- Adhering to health and safety and working standards
- Overall preparation and painting duties to a variety of materials
- Stripping walls and preparing for decorating
- Masking areas
- Painting using a range of techniques and paints
- Wallpapering duties
- General housekeeping and ensuring the workplace is kept tidy
- Hand finished paint effects
Working nationally on commercial premises, you will work closely with the contracts manager covering all aspects of our business. Day to day tasks will include on-site spraying, wall cladding coating, roof coating and general labouring working in a team of 2-4 people. A family-run business, we like to treat all employees as family, and there is a common goal to achieve a high-quality standard of work. The potential apprentice will learn everything there is to know to succeed within the industry and, on successful completion of the apprenticeship, have the opportunity to continue full time with the company.
Hours of work and wage
- Up to 40 hours per week with 1 day in college
- The national minimum wage for apprentices – £4.30
- Expected duration of 36 months
- Maths and English GCSE
- Driving license
- Health and safety conscious
- Good communication skills
Desired personal qualities
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to learn
- GCSE English Language A-D
- GCSE Maths A-D
Things to consider
- You could be standing for long periods of time
- Outdoor work
- Working away from home
- Weekend work may be required
To apply for this vacancy or to find out more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.